Cars Top News

Cars and supercars top news with pictures

Sunday, June 04, 2006

King Carlos I, Maybach Tester

King Carlos I, Maybach Tester
King Carlos I of Spain became the latest proud owner of a Maybach. At the Laureus World Sports Award in Barcelona, Carlos I was handed the keys to a "Cote d'Azur" blue luxury Saloon by Dr Dieter Zetsche, the Chairman of the Board of Management of DaimlerChrysler AG.. The car has a light beige interior with brown burr walnut trim and special sterling silver ornaments on the shift lever and the covers of the front console and the ashtrays. King Juan Carlos I took his car for its first test drive in with Dr Zetsche at the Catalonian Grand Prix racetrack "Circuit de Catalunya." The king will be testing the automobile and letting Maybach know his opinion. Too bad Maybach doesn't hand out their test cars to commoners.